This weekend is going to be crazy! Debi is moving out, we're throwing a party to celebrate (oops! Did I type that outloud?) :lol:, the craft room is moving to Debi's room and all of Cadi's toys are moving to the craft room! Whew!
For the past couple of months, Debi has been without a job and we have been paying her bills to help her out. The arrangement is not working however, so she is going to move back home and hopes to get a job there. It ends up being really good for us because we were wanting to move around the rooms and had been planning on building a room in the garage in order to do it. This way it's quicker, easier, and less expensive. I can't wait to get the new toy room done, I'm thinking about stamping it. But I haven't decided yet so I'm sitting on it until I know what I want to do. Maybe flowers, bees, butterflies, and the like?
Getting the toys out of Cadi's room will mean changes in there too. We are going to take down her bed and replace it with a regular twin bed. I had seen a really cute castle bed that I wanted to use but I don't think it's available anymore. Too bad, it would have been perfect. Maybe I'll find it somewhere else.
The timing of the move is good since Cadi starts school in two weeks. Debi's been a great live-in babysitter and that will be an adjustment to do without. But with Cadi gone every morning I think things will work out just fine. It would have been fine with Debi staying too, it's not like we've been waiting around for her to leave.
Cadi's a little sad that she'll be gone, but she was a trooper when we told her and seems to be taking it very well. She's is really looking forward to starting school. She gets to ride the bus with her friends and she's been talking about all the art projects she wants to do. I am excited for school to start too. It will be nice to have the mornings quiet and free. I can get errands done, keep the house clean (having a toy room is really going to help with that!), volunteer more with church and school, stamp more, and who knows what else.
Ryan is gearing up for school too. He is testing out of some of his classes first though so he's got alot of studying to do before school even starts! He will be taking one class this semester, one class in Winter, then two or three classes in spring. We'll have to pay for the extra classes so we are saving up. It means changes to our budget, so we will be spending less on gifts we give and alot less on our "vacations". Most of our vacations are to visit family, so that means fewer visits. Hopefully if anyone wants to see us, they'll decide to come here. It's certainly a good place to visit and worth the trip.
One trip we are definitely doing next year though is whale watching in Vancouver, British Columbia for my 30th birthday! I decided that would be pretty much the only thing that could top swimming with dolphins on my 29th birthday! It has been another life long dream to see killer whales in the wild and since it's so close, why not?
In other news...How about Paul Hamm?!? Can we say AWESOME!!! When Debi came into the room mad that she read a spoiler, I was afraid he wasn't going to win, then when he fell (almost in the judges' laps!) I was sure he was out. I believe my exact words were, "There goes the Gold." Debi was great and admitted that when she saw who had won, she just read the whole thing and learned about the fall. I was sitting there thinking she already knew someone else had won. When other mistakes were made by others and Paul made up some points, I thought well maybe he'll get bronze...if he's really lucky silver...but I never thought he's do THAT awesome and pull off GOLD!!! So cool! Tonight is the women's turn. Let's hope they have as much luck on their side!
No comments:
Post a Comment