Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Check your mail!

Today is Mail Order Catalog Anniversary...I love them! You can find some cool stuff in some catalogs. But, I also love shopping in the stores and at the mall, so I don't really order from catalogs very often.

Ryan's out working on his schooling plans with an advisor. His job is supposed to reimburse for schooling up to 2 classes a semester, but yesterday they told Ryan they won't reimburse the full amount. Basically, they've adjusted the policy. Now it looks like he'll just take one class this semester. He is also looking for another job. The problem is that most companies have schedules that make it hard to take the classes Ryan needs. We are still hoping that Ryan's company will change the policy back to what it should be and we'll be able to stay with them, but for now we just don't know what to expect. Ryan told them back at the beginning of summer that if they didn't pay for his schooling he'd leave. Yesterday he told them he's sending out resumes. Maybe it will be enough to make them change their minds. They are understaffed in his position and really can't afford to lose him. Not to mention, he's right. And they know it.

So, in other news...We watched the Olympics last night (of course). Too bad the women's gymnastic team couldn't pull off a gold medal, but Romania really was better last night and they deserved it. Silver is good too. Phelps is still doing awesome along with the other guys on the relay last night! But the boy needs to pull up his shorts! I just don't know why they have to be so low cut. Well, 5 medals down, 3 to go for him!

I'm looking forward to synchronized swimming. I don't know when it's supposed to start, but I'm watching for it. Tonight it's Paul Hamm going for best all-around, then tomorrow the girls try for it. Good luck to them!

No comments: