Saturday, August 21, 2004

Busy Day

After Mom and Debi left this morning, Acadia and I ran out to get some shopping done. We got stuff to complete Cadi's toy room, a new carpet for the family room, and some groceries. (I know, really exciting.)


Ryan came home on his lunch break and replaced our mailbox which had been damaged on July 4th. Then he assembled the shelves I bought for the playroom. I have spent all day on getting Cadi's toys in her new room. And we're finally done. It is so nice! I'm really glad with how everything fits.




Now I need to make Spaghetti Diablo for tomorrow night's dinner with missionaries. Then I need to clean up.

I have work to get done in my craft room, but I might wait until I get the shelves up in there that I want. We have a credit at home depot, maybe Ryan will let me use it for shelving. (?) :naughty:

My e-bay stuff is doing well, I think I'll go list some new stuff before I make tomrrow's dinner. :thumb:

4 comments:

Sariah said...

Ryan commented 8/21/04:

Just to clarify, someone used our mailbox as ground zero for a little experiment at our expense (and amusement, as long as it never happens again).

Sariah said...

I commented 8/21/04:

Yeah. Well, the last one was plastic, this one is aluminum so hopefully we won't have a repeat. I also put our address on both sides of the mailbox, including the street name since there is often confusion as to which avenue we actually live on.

Sariah said...

Mom commented 8/22/04:

Cadi's play room looks nice. Of course, Mom, you know she is going to be dragging stuff out so she can be around you guys when she plays sometimes, but at least there is someplace to drag it back again.

One little girl, two rooms! Thou shalt not covet. Thou shalt not covet. Thou shalt not covet.

i enjoyed the brief visit there. I hope I can manage to get up there more often especially if you are going to be coming down less. I love you and I miss you.

I wish I could be there for Cadi's first day of school. But that's your special spot, and Andrew will be starting up Seminary again. Remember your tissues when you go to see her off. Happy as you and she might be to start this fine new adventure, there is a strong possibility of showers.

Sariah said...

I commented 8/22/04:

One little girl, two rooms!
Yeah, but her rooms are so tiny! We want her to be responsible to keeping them clean and when everything was in one room that was near impossible. Plus now she can have friends over and not be all over like before. I never liked them going in her room anyway.

Remember your tissues when you go to see her off.
In the Kindergarten Orientation they made sure to tell us not to cry until after the kids were in class and we leave the room. Of course it will be emotional, I do expect some tears. But only because it is the beginning of a new era. She will be in school every year from now until she graduates - at least. She is growing up. I'm glad they start in Kindergarten where it is half days to ease you into it!