Happy Friday the 13th! (It's interesting to note that it's also Alfred Hitchcock's birthday!!!)
Of course today is also Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics! Are you going to watch?
So, in honor of Friday the 13th, what should we have for dinner? Is there a food that associates with that? I can't think of anything. Tell me if you do.
Also, share what Olympic events you hope to watch in the next couple of weeks. I'll be watching for gymnastics, diving, synchronized swimming, and swimming. The other stuff is cool too and I'll watch it if it's on, but those are my favorites.
I was just about to sign off when I remember something I found months ago:
They say that the number 13 is an unlucky number. This is almost a worldwide belief. You will usually never see a room numbered 13, or any hotels or motels with a 13th floor. But think about this: 13 original colonies, 13 signers of the Declaration of Independence, 13 stripes on our flag, (and on our dollar bill:) 13 steps on the Pyramid, 13 letters in the Latin phrases "Annuit Coeptis" and "E Pluribus Unum", 13 stars above the Eagle, 13 bars on that shield, 13 leaves on the olive branch, 13 fruits, and if you look closely, 13 arrows (and later, for minorities: the 13th Amendment).
Something to think about.
1 comment:
Mom commented 8/13/04:
No ideas on the dinner thing, but there ought to be something fun. We will have to work on that.
I really like your good 13s. I think they all derive from the 13 Colonies, but the founding of America is one of the greatest things to happen in the world (aside from Christ's life and the Restoration, of course).
I am not formally planning on watching any Olympics, except probably the Opening Ceremonies. I'll just check in now and then.
If we don't think of something Friday the 13th for dinner, we could have something Greek, or something really healthy in honor of the Olympics.
Post a Comment