Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Overdue Photos

Last month when we visited California, I took video, but never got still shots made to put on-line. So, here they are:


Esther eating cake at her first birthday party:



Pictures from Mom, Debi, Cadi, and I walking across the Golden Gate Bridge:





Cadi and Debi pointing to Alcatraz Island:







Then we went camping in Florence, OR with my family. Here are some photos of us playing near Heceta Lighthouse:




Ryan jumping over a creek that ran to the ocean:














Yesterday, we visited Mt. St. Helens with the Robarts. Here are a few photos from that:







Visiting Mt. St. Helens is always a moving experience. It is humbling and awe inspiring. Last time, I only noticed the devestation. I was amazed at the enormous blast zone and the countless trees still left bare and flattened. But this time, I noticed the new growth. It is a desert where a forest once stood, but green plants are slowly fighting their way back to the mountain.

I am grateful to live so close to Mt. St. Helens so we can visit often and see her rebuild herself.

5 comments:

Sariah said...

Mom commented 8/12/04:

Great pictures!

Thanks so much for letting us invade your house and peace for the last week. We really enjoyed the visit. And the trips to the Gorge and Mt. St. Helens.

Love you!

Sariah said...

Ryan commented 8/12/04:

Thank you for coming. It's always great to have you come up. Hopefully, next time I won't have to work so much. They just added this Sunday to my workweek.

Great pictures of the jump! Good laughing material!

Sariah said...

I commented 8/12/04:

Great pictures of the jump! Good laughing material!
Yeah, I get a chuckle out of it! lol

It is too bad Ryan had to work while everyone was here. But at least he was able to go camping. We're glad you are home safe. Thanks for coming. Love you too.

Sariah said...

Erin commented 8/12/04:

Wow- what a jump! I didn't think he'd make it...

Sariah said...

Miriam commented 8/13/04:

Erin - you should see the video - it's even funnier to watch it happen.