Thursday, January 6, 2005

Sick-o's

Yesterday was mutual. We rubber stamped greeting cards. The girls did great and really enjoyed it.


I made a card for our Bishopric Counselor who is receiving another round of chemo to treat his cancer. He is a wonderful man, who I gave such a hard time to when he extended this call to me!

I also made a card for the Mia Maid advisor's husband. I don't know if this story made it out of the Northwest, but there was a bank robbery on Tuesday. It took place in Oregon, then there was a police chase up into Washington. This went on for 40 miles. In the end, the police lost him. He had been missing. (I just heard on the news that he has been found, captured and is now in FBI custody.

Well, our Mia Maid advisor's husband is a police officer and was involved in the chase. Brother Tendler's vehicle crashed and was totalled! He was injured and sent to the hospital overnight. Fortunately, he is not seriously injured and is now home.

I did not know about this until we got to the activity. I had taken Thanks Snow Much set (among others) so I made a card with a snowman on the front saying "Before..." and the melted snowman on the inside with "...After." I will be putting both cards in the mail today.

And speaking of today...Acadia woke up a little early and said she didn't feel good. I was sceptical, she had no fever and often likes to complain about not feeling good. But I allowed her to take it easy as we got ready for the day. Then she started throwing up...so I guess she really is sick. Just made the call to school to let them know she won't be in.

We're surrounded by sick-o's here! At least I've only got one at home.

2 comments:

Sariah said...

Mom commented 1/6/05:

Poor Cadi! I hope she feels better soon.

Glad Brother Officer Tendler wasn't seriously injured!

Ben is laying around with a cold. I don't know how much he is really sick and how much he is playing it up. Nothing too serious.

Anna is feeling much better and is back to being a pest. Especially since she cannot go play with her friends and release a little extra energy.

How are Simon and his tail doing?

Sariah said...

I commented 1/6/05:

Simon is fine. His tail is okay, we had a bandage on him while he was at our friends during our Idaho visit just to be safe. It's still on because no one has taken it off yet. :lol:

His neck is fine too. Seems all healed. But he does have a minor sore on his foot, I think from when he was "hog-tied". He messes with it so it won't heal, but it's not a "mess" so I don't really care.

If he wants to torture himself, fine! I'm tired of trying to keep him from hurting himself, only to cause more problems!