Today in Young Women's our Mia Maid class talked about how we can better know our Savior. It was a great lesson! At the end, the teacher challenged us all to live for the next 24 hours as if the Savior was standing by us at all times.
Wow. That is a challenge! And I'm up for it! In some ways it is easy. We came home from church, all of us feeling uplifted and encouraged to "Choose the Right" and "Be Christ-like". We have all been polite, pleasant, helpful, loving...You get the idea. It is wonderfully easy to act the way you would if the Savior was beside you when everyone is being so...good.
But then, there are the little things. I was putting dinner in the oven and just as I was about to leave the kitchen I decided to grab a handful of "Crunch N Munch". :lick: There's nothing wrong with that. But would I have done that if I had company standing beside me? Its kind of a silly thing I guess, but something I stopped to think about.
So, I'm taking the challenge. And I encourage you to take it as well. Live for 24 hours as if the Savior was beside you at all times. At home, at work, at school, in the car, at the dinner table, AT ALL TIMES. I believe we will all experience a wonderful 24 hours!
And if you like the results, extend it - live each day as if the Savior was there. But for today, let's just start with these 24 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment