:sleep:
Today I went with Ryan to the gym for the first time. I don't really have much of a reason why but I just have never been to an actual gym before. We downloaded a 10 day pass off the internet and at the end of the ten days I will start using the one month free that came with Ryan's membership.
It was fun. We did the stair master first then went to the weights. We did several of the abs and legs machines. Mostly I was learning how to use them. I did really work my legs. I liked the leg press and calf press best. After we were done checking out all the weight machines, we did some more cardio using the stair mill. It's like a mini escalator or something, with revolving steps. It was cool, but after working my legs with the weights I just wasn't up to doing much. So we hit the hot tub and quick showers then came home in time for Cadi to get off the bus.
I don't know if I can get used to changing in the locker room. It just catches me off guard to see people walking around naked! :blush: I actually changed in a bathroom stall today. :lol: Ryan says that he felt wierd the first couple of times, but now it doesn't bother him. But then, he grew up changing in locker rooms for sports and stuff. At least the girl showers have curtains. I still think I'm sticking to changing in the bathroom. I did notice one other person doing the same thing, so I'm not alone. :thumb:
So tomorrow Rye and I are going back and working on arms and upper body. Wednesday will be tough to squeeze a workout in. If anything I might just go to the pool and do laps for awhile. I am going to try to get the most out of the free days I have.
I know I'm doing this right at the start of a new year, but going to the gym really is not one of my resolutions. Ryan's been trying to get me to go for months, but I've been way too busy to commit to it. I finally had the chance and he jumped on it! Of course, I do want to be more healthy and even lose some weight so if this helps kick start that, then great!
2 comments:
Mom commented 1/11/05:
Good for you! I am impressed.
Besides not having time and money, I have always been afraid that I would be the only fat, out of shape, wimp there if I went to a gym. So, tell me, am I right?
I think that is great that you are going. I don't think I would want to go with Ryan though, that would be too embarrassing, there is no hope of ever keeping up!
I think swimming would feel great - if I could really swim. And Jazzercise, maybe. First the dancing, then the swimming. ahhhh I suppose I could dance here, but there are too many mean people around.
When I was in high school, we HAD to shower for PE in a big box room with a bunch of shower heads and no stalls. The PE teachers gave us our towels as we came out, but only if we were wet enough, otherwise they sent us back. There was no privacy in the locker room. It was pretty awful. I don't know if I ever really got used to it, but more so than I would be now.
Have fun! Feel good!
I commented 1/11/05:
There are people of all shapes and sizes there.
And Ryan is actually WONDERFUL to work out with! He is very helpful. Today I walked much faster and farther than him on the treadmill. This may have something to do with the extra 5+ hour workout he did last night, trying in vain to sweat off those few extra pounds in order to beat Debi.:lol:
Today we also hit the sauna and pool after our workout. It did feel nice!
Post a Comment