Stinkin'
As in "stinkin' traffic" or "stinkin' alarm clock". This is actually not just the word of the day, but the word of the month, or so.
It is also helpful as comic relief. As in "stinkin' commandments" or "stinkin' job". And in case you are worrying that I've gone apostate or ungrateful, the context is usually where we are pretending like we are miffed by having to do something that we really don't mind doing. Or at least recognizing that it's important to do and worth the sacrifice and effort to do so.
Sometimes used to vent at a temptation, such as: "stinkin' ice cream" or "stinkin' Jack in the Box".
Occasionally used when kidding around with eachother: "stinkin' spouse" or "stinkin' canadian" (I just used that one on Landon today.).
Got it? Good. (Stinkin' Bloggers!) :lol:
2 comments:
Mom commented 1/12/05:
That word is starting to grow on me.
Today I will add "stinkin' surgery". Debi is sore and tired. She hurts too, although she is taking her pain medication religiously so she only partly feels it. She can feed herself, but I don't think it is fun. She isn't supposed to lift anything heaver than a brush or comb and she sure doesn't want to. She is barely up to laying around and sort of watching movies.
I have too much stinkin' work to do, especially stickin' Scout Committee which I still don't really stinkin' understand what or how I am supposed to do which sure doesn't stinkin' help.
Tonight I have to try to get the stinkin' Scouts started selling stinkin' tickets for yet another super stinkin' fundraiser. Without our former master chef who is stinkin' because he stinkin' moved away.
At least we have a promising new Scoutmaster who actually asked for training! No stinkin' there!
The stinkin' boys are not self-starters or self-keepers-going which means if I have other stinkin' things to do, they don't do any stinkin' school work. Joseph still has stinkin' Algebra to do from last stinkin' semester!
I have a small stinkin' headache and have been trying for the last 5 hours to decide whether I can defeat it, stinkin' live with it or whether I should do stinkin' drugs. votes are starting to come in for drugs.
Well, enough stinkin' complaining, and back to stinkin' work.
I commented 1/12/05:
Boy, that stinks! :lol:
Post a Comment