Saturday, January 15, 2005

Ice Ice Baby

So I got a call from Cadi's dance teacher this morning who said that the recital had been cancelled due to the weather. I turned on the news and saw that the roads are all icy! Eeks.


So, I've paged Ryan and I'm waiting to hear from him to make sure he's safe. He left for work a little late this morning.

I am wondering if church might get cancelled tomorrow since we are meeting at 9 am and the roads won't have time to thaw out if they freeze again tonight (or never thaw today).

At least it's nothing like last year's ice storm. When I look out my window I don't see any ice, but all the freeways (especially bridges) and main streets are bad. We've all been asked to stay home today, if possible.

Now I have even more time to focus on housework. Joy.

2 comments:

Sariah said...

Mom commented 1/15/05:

Isn't it nice,
When there's all that ice,
To be home where it's warm
And safe from harm.

And of course, to have electricity, plumbing, food, books, etc.

Wishing Ryan a safe homecoming.

Sariah said...

I commented 1/15/05:

Ryan finally reached work after 3 hours!!! He was at a stand still on a frozen bridge for 2 hours. He'll be coming home soon, which will also be slow going. I'll stop worrying when he comes through the door.