Monday, January 19, 2009

Pick your battles.

Ryan and I can both be pretty stubborn at times.  We won't say just how often. ;)  It would only figure that both of our girls are, too.  And it doesn't help that they're both redheads! lol  So Poor Rori, being the littlest and having the least amount of "voice" in the house, not to mention living with people who are not only stubborn but oftentimes bossy, many times must feel really frustrated.  She has an opinion, too, and a strong one at that!  And because of that, there are times that I just need to let her make her own decisions so she can feel like she is in control of something.   

And so today I took Rori to the grocery store wearing these:



I asked her if she wanted to take the mittens and glasses off once we were inside but she insisted on wearing them.  Eventually she did take them off.  Just in time to run into a friend with her adorable twin girls.  But earlier, when walking into the store, I caught several women trying to hide little smiles after looking at her.  It was quite sunny but it wasn't really very cold.  She was really cute though - and very happy. :)

After church yesterday, Cadi put a blanket in a laundry basket so Rori could watch a movie while sitting in it.  Our new church schedule pretty much makes Rori getting a nap on Sunday impossible.  We're at church during her naptime and when we get home, it's too late to put her down or she won't go to bed at night.  While Cadi and Rori watched their movie, Rori fell asleep in her basket.  It really was so cute!  We had to just let her get a few Z's while she could.

No comments: