Last night, the 4th graders at Acadia's school put on a play (more of a musical performance with some reading and skits thrown in) called Heroes All. Ryan had a late meeting at work so I was going to be juggling Rori by myself and therefore did not take the camcorder. (Plus, truthfully, I thought it was going to be boring. It was a "play" about a bunch of historic heroes put on by 9 and 10 year olds... be honest, you'd expect it to be boring, too. lol) I did take my camera but that's not the same, I know. And it turns out, I really wish I had taken the camcorder because it was really, really cute and surprisingly funny! Of course, I still wouldn't have gotten much video since I spent half of my time trying to keep Rori entertained and quiet.
The lighting is awful for pictures, but here are some anyway.
My favorite part was about Nellie Bly; the little girl who played her was awesome! lol They also highlighted Albert Einstein, Martin Luther King, Booker T. Washington, Helen Keller, and a few others. The kids really did well, you could tell they worked hard to learn their parts and really "perform", not just say lines. Acadia didn't have any speaking parts, but she did sing in one of the smaller singing groups.
No comments:
Post a Comment