Friday, January 23, 2009

Asparagus Attempt #3

Ugh.  I may just give up.  Here's the thing, I can eat it... I just don't like it.  This time, I just experimented - totally and completely.  I was busy making other dishes for the first time so I didn't give a lot of though to the asparagus.  I think if I had thought it through better, it may have been a more enjoyable part of the meal.  :S

Here's what we had last night:



The sandwich is a non-sloppy sloppy joe that we were trying for the first time.  They were alright but they didn't really taste like sloppy joes; I might try it again with different seasonings. :S  The mashed potatoes were everyone's favorite.  And the asparagus... Well, Acadia said they were better than last time.  I didn't agree. 

This time, I tossed them with some olive oil and chili oil and a splash of worcestorshire sauce, sprinkled them with black pepper and garlic salt, then baked them like I had before.  It just didn't do it for me.  I'm still hoping to get the recipe for however Ryan's cousin made them for us back in Myrtle Beach.  Maybe I'll put the "attempts" on hold until I get that recipe. :S

No comments: