This morning I got a call just after 8 am... from my visiting teaching companion confirming the appointments for this morning. The appointments started at 9:15. Eeks! I had completely forgotten!!!
Thank goodness she called - if she hadn't, she would have just shown up at my door and I would have been in my pajamas!
I quickly showered and got dressed. If I wasn't in such a hurry, I would have called to remind the ladies we were coming to visit. But I was running close on time so I just reminded myself that we've RARELY had any of them forget before...
We got to the first appointment... poor girl!!! She and her entire family were sick and yes, she had forgotten we were coming! I felt AWFUL!!! We asked if we could help with anything, bring her anything, DO anything??? Nope, they had plenty of soup, they just needed to rest I'm going to call them tomorrow to see how they're doing.
Luckily, we did get to visit our other ladies. :)
So, today I got to see first hand (from both sides) why it is such a good idea to "call and confirm"!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment