Sometimes change can be a very good thing. But almost always it is still difficult. There is always an adjustment period and that can take awhile.
I'm looking at quite a few changes coming in the near future. Some are obvious (Have you seen my ticker lately?!?! I'm on the second to last picture!!!) and others won't be shared until they occur. Some will directly affect myself (Again, I refer you to my ticker at the top of the page, lol.) and some will indirectly affect me. Most of the changes I've been thinking about lately directly affect me. I'm not troubled, not afraid, I don't know what I "am". I'm curious to see how things will work, sad about some things, excited about others.
But then, some things never change. And I guess when I see changes in the future (especially some significanly BIG changes... the ticker, people... do you see that ticker?!?!), it is comforting to know that no matter what happens I know I can still count on certain things. Things like the Gospel, the love and support of my family, my agency (and even though I can't always control the things that happen around me, I can always control my attitude and how I respond to them), that even though I will sometimes make mistakes I can repent and start over again, the perfect love of my Heavenly Father, etc. Keeping these things in mind, keeps things in perspective. Change isn't that big of a deal because the things that are constant are so much more powerful; they empower me to be able to handle whatever changes come.
Here's a good talk about Constancy Amid Change by Elder Russell M. Nelson. Good things to remember as change is constantly around us.
No comments:
Post a Comment