I don't have a really good reason for not posting... just not much to post about. So, this may be random... Maybe I should make it an official "random" post... nah, I'm feeling too lazy to go change the title.
•It's been hot. Really hot. We broke records here. Before this year, there had only been 3 days when it had reached 100 degrees in the month of June. Well, we've almost doubled that. We just had two days of 100+ degree temps. And I'll just say... We survived! Yay!!! The A/C is so nice! It doesn't cool the whole house, but it does cool the family room well and that's where we spend our time.
•Cadi started swimming lessons yesterday, again. Ryan had to take her because I had a Dr. appt. It was his first time making it to a swimming lesson. Hopefully he'll get to go to a couple more next week. Cadi likes swimming lessons and keeps getting more and more confident. She's not using her goggles as much - which is a big improvement! She likes her teachers and trusts them and that makes learning so much easier for her.
•My Dr. appt went well. I have been having the normal nasty side effects that usually come at the end of the pregnancy. Swollen feet (the heat hasn't helped), pregnancy rash, contractions, heartburn, etc. The rash has been one of the most annoying things so she gave me some suggestions on how to get through. I've got lotion with aloe now and I'm using a mosturizing body wash instead of soap in the shower. When it's really bad, mostly at night, I'm taking Benadryl. Last night was much better and I feel a lot better knowing I can at least lessen the itch.
•From now until Earendil comes, I'll be seeing my doctor weekly. We're in that final month! In 2 weeks, I start my self-inducing tactics. Power walks, bowling, the driving range, etc. Then in another week, I'll add foot/ankle/calf massages. I REALLY want to have this baby in July! Can you tell? lol
•I have always had a problem with flip flops. The thing that goes between your toes always hurts me. However, I am unable to fit in any of my shoes. Well, there is one pair of sandals I can squeeze into, but that's it. So yesterday while I was at the store buying my Benadryl, I also bought my first pairs of flip flops! I am so excited! First of all, they are shoes that fit! Secondly, I am hopeful that I will get used to flip flops during this period of time and then I can continue wearing them just for fun! :)
•Acadia calls me Preggo. Seriously, she does. But I think it's cute and I let her.
•I have spoken on the phone with one of my on-line friends. We've dubbed our on-line friends "vfriends" (for virtual friends). But now that we've spoken on the phone, we aren't just vfriends, we're real friends! She's super cool and I hope someday to meet her in person. We've got some other vfriends that we hope to meet too.
•Ryan started classes this week. He's got a 3 hour lecture two times a week plus a 3 hour lab once a week. Then on top of that, he's taking an on-line class. Both of the classes will be ending about mid-August. Which means that the final projects and studying for the finals will all take place right around the time we have a new baby in our home... who planned the timing on this?
Okay, I think that is it for now. I won't wait so long before I post again!
No comments:
Post a Comment