That was 7 years ago! I can hardly believe it.
I've been thinking alot about her delivery day lately (I wonder why... lol). I was so afraid!!! We were going in to be induced, which was a nice way to start because there was no rush, panic, or pain as we drove to the hospital. Conversation was light, we were cracking jokes... it was nice.
I was admitted, taken to my room, and they started to induce me. That's when I started to really get nervous. Before that, I think I was just ignoring what was about to happen, but I couldn't ignore it anymore, lol. At each point along the way, I would cry, "I'm afraid... I don't think I can do this!" But then I would get past that point and I'd be okay. Until we got to the next point. lol
I remember wondering what it would really be like. You hear so many stories. I did not believe the women who said that pushing felt good. I didn't believe that you really didn't care what your body was doing or who was seeing you exposed that way. But when my turn came, I did want to push and it did feel good. I didn't care that there was a student doctor there assisting my doctor, I didn't care that there were nurses coming in and out, etc. I almost felt like it wasn't my body, it was just the place my baby was coming from.
All in all, delivery went well. And she was here. I had a baby. She was mine. I did it. I was so tired! But so excited, so happy, so relieved...
When the nurses handed Acadia to Ryan, he uttered one word over and over, "precious". Everything he said about her had the word "precious" in it. Over the years, it has been obvious that Cadi is a Daddy's Girl, and it all started right there in that delivery room. They've been inseperable since.
Seven years... and she has grown so much! She has hobbies, passions, dreams. She likes to help around the house (usually). She likes to learn new things. She likes to spend time with her friends. She likes to spend time with us (how long will THAT last? lol). She likes to read the scriptures. She likes to learn about and help animals. She likes to create things like artwork, stories, songs. She is her own person, with her own likes and dislikes, her own personality.
And I love who she is becoming. She teaches me daily. It is humbling! She teaches me about unconditional love, forgiveness, being kind and serving one another.
I am very lucky to be her mom. I am grateful to have this time with her. I pray that we will always be close, that we will always have a good relationship. I want all the best things for her. For her to be happy, healthy, successful, etc.
And now we're entering a new part of her life. Her world is about to change. She is going to become a sister - and not just a sister, but a BIG sister! It's something she's wanted for a long time. I know she'll be a great big sister. She will be kind, loving, patient, gentle... (at least MOST of the time, lol)
There will be so many changes, but I hope she will always know that she is special to me. She always will be. She is my first baby, my own "Mini Me". No matter what changes come, now or in the future, she will always be "precious" to me and her daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment