There are so many "firsts" in a child's life...
Today, Acadia experienced another. Today we went to the dentist and she found out she had a cavity! It was one of the upper back teeth. One of those you get when you don't floss enough. She has been doing better about flossing... but I guess not quite "better" enough.
We made the appointment to come back later in the afternoon. She was a little nervous. That was understandable. I told her what to expect and that she would have medicine to make her feel fine, it wouldn't hurt at all.
She is a crack up on laughing gas... let me tell you! She talked and talked and laughed and laughed. She was laughing during the shot! lol Later I asked if she felt the shot and she said, "Yes, but I didn't care!"
She did so well, and her dentist was awesome! He's always been great, but we've never had to go through something like this with him before and it was nice to see how gentle he was with her. He kept her smiling the whole time.
When it was all said and done, she told me that she hoped to get more cavities! She actually had fun! I told her that I'm glad she had a good experience, but if she gets another cavity due to her lack of proper dental care (ie. brushing, flossing, rinsing with flouride), then she would be paying the bill out of HER money. She didn't like that idea... GOOD! Because I don't want her skipping brushings just so she'll get a cavity.
What a silly girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment