Sunday, June 18, 2006

Fathers

I kind of feel like the posts I made yesterday were a kind of Father's Day tribute, even though both were a bit more about Acadia.  But it is nearly impossible to talk of one without the other.

Ryan is an awesome dad.  And he loves being a dad.  You can tell by how he makes an effort to spend time with Cadi.  You can tell by the look on his face when he talks about her.  You can tell by how much fun he has when he's with her.  She is a prority in his life and everything he does is for her and our family.

I am grateful for the father Ryan is.  It is one of the things that I love most about him.  I am also grateful for the other fathers in our lives.  I am grateful for my dad, he has taught me that if you put your trust in the Lord, you can overcome any trial.  I am grateful for my father-in-law (Ryan's dad), who is incredibly friendly and always smiling.  I am grateful for my other father-in-law (Ryan's step-father) who is extremely kind and giving.

I am most especially grateful for my Father in Heaven.  I am grateful for the knowledge that I am one of His daughters.  This comforts me when I am tempted to feel of little worth.  When I remember that I am a child of God, I realize that I can't be THAT bad (lol), I must have some good in me.  I am grateful that I can always go to Him - at any time, in any situation, no matter where I am.  And I am grateful that I can receive answers to my prayers.  Even if they aren't always what I want... they are always what is best for me.
So Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there.  Especially to the fathers in my life, including the father of my children.  I hope you get lots of hugs and some great ties (lol)!

Oh, and that reminds me!  Let me share with you one of Ryan's Father's Day gifts...

I wanted to share it with you on Friday, but I was worried he would see and spoil the surprise.



If you want to see more pictures and video of her creating "SuperPuppy" for Ryan, click here.

Ryan is our Superman, has even been told he looks like him.  (Back when his hair was longer and he had the cute little curl that went down on his forehead like Clark Kent, lol.)  And no offense to any of the other Super Heroes, but Superman ROCKS!

No comments: