Thursday, March 30, 2006

Whoever said comlaining won't help?

So, yesterday I whined a little about not feeling well. And then I started to feel better, lol! Last night I slept really well and today I feel fine! So, I guess a little complaining now and then might be good medicine?

Today I was back in Cadi's classroom again. They have had a substitute teacher for the last two weeks while their regular teacher is taking his turn to serve in the Army Reserves. He will be back this weekend, but of course next week is Spring Break - so he will have been gone for just over 3 weeks! Acadia likes her sub, but misses her teacher. She has already started on pictures and notes to give him when he gets back. She also wants to make something for the sub since tomorrow is her last day.
It's fun to be in the classroom. When Cadi was in Kindergarten, I helped out too. But usually I was cutting die-cuts, stapling papers, filing, etc. That's okay too, especially since I could do alot of that while eavesdropping on the class, lol. But most of the time in THIS class, I am helping the kids while they do their writing or math. Later I get to have them read quietly to me. Sometimes I help correct their work or do a little filing, but most of it is more hands-on.

I don't know that I could be a full-time teacher. But I am starting to think I will really miss my parent-helper days when this little one arrives. Next year, I will have a baby and won't be able to go into the classroom anymore. But hey - she'll be starting Kindergarten in 5 years and 5 months, and unless we are able to have more after her - I will be able to help in HER classrooms.

No comments: