I did today... TWICE! lol
So, I was there exchanging some things I had gotten Acadia that were too small (when did she grow up so fast, btw?) and had some extra time, so I "wandered" around. I soon found myself thinking, 'Ooh, I wonder if the crib I liked is in white too?' (Even though I would still want it in the wood.) So, before long, I was in the baby section. And then I realized, I CAN BUY BABY CLOTHES!!!
So, I made a bee-line to the little girl clothes! And as I looked at all the ADORABLE little pink outfits I began to tear up as I'd pick one to put in my cart... and I just kept looking and crying and filling my cart some more. LOL (I'm such a dork.) So, I decided that I needed to stop shopping when I realized I already had $100 of baby girl clothes in my cart. And I finished my shopping and headed to the checkout line.
The cashier was a friendly-enough girl who commented on how cute the outfits were, and then she asked if this was my first... So I started tearing up again and said, "No, we have a 6 yr. old. But we have had to wait a long time to have this one." (I'm such a BOOB!) But do you realize it has been 7 years since I've been able to buy baby clothes? (For MY baby) I would see the baby section and think how cute everything was but I wouldn't let myself look through them. Not unless I was buying for someone else, of course. And now I get to (not to mention I NEED to, lol)!!!
So, that's my story on how I cried at Walmart today - TWICE! I blame the hormones!!!
2 comments:
Barbara commented 3/16/06:
First you cry at Walmart, then Ryan cries when he finds out how much you spent. Good thing you sold all those stamps.
I am glad that the baby department is such a happy place for you now.
3/16/06:
Well, all baby purchases are coming out of the stamp money, so he doesn't mind. Besides, that is just a fraction of what we're going to have to spend in the next several months! Next will be furniture purchases!
When I told people I bought a bunch of girl clothes they said, "Don't buy anything! What if we want to give you a shower?" I am afraid that even with both showers that are planned, I will still be needing to buy quite a bit. But I'm good for the clothes now (especially since I'm lucky enough to be getting some of Esther's old clothes... some of which used to be Cadi's old clothes)... I just couldn't resist and now I'm moving on to all the BIG items that I KNOW I won't be getting at the showers, lol.
Post a Comment