Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Green Eggs and Ham

As you may or may not know, Tomorrow is Dr. Seuss' birthday!  So, the schools in our area have been having "Green Eggs and Ham" breakfasts for the first graders this week.  Some of Cadi's friends from our ward who attend a different school had theirs yesterday.  Hearing the moms talk about it got me excited for ours!

This morning Ryan and I took Cadi to school and we all had breakfast with The Cat in the Hat!


Yes, we really did have green eggs!  (I should have taken a picture!  I can't believe I didn't think of that.)
First, Acadia was given a hat to wear (and keep!) and then we (the parents) were given a raffle ticket to be used later.  Then we collected our Green Eggs and Ham (plus an apple or banana, some yougurt, and juice) to take back to our tables.  Cadi's best friends had saved her a seat so the Three Amigas got to sit together.



Ooh, if you look - I did get a picture of the green eggs in that shot!  Uh... yeah... I meant to do that! lol
While we were eating, the Principal told the kids that they would each be receiving a free book when they got back to their classroom!  Then they had the raffle.  The raffle was for $25 gift certificates to Beaches, a restaurant downtown.  Beaches was one of the sponsors for this breakfast and they were the ones providing and serving the food.  (The other sponsor was a credit union, I believe they are the ones who provided the hats.)  Anyhow...

We won one of the gift certificates!  And right after us, one of Cadi's best friend's dad won one too!  It was super cool!  We haven't been to Beaches, but the dad who won says they love it there - they go almost every week!  So, it must be good!  Hey, if they can make green eggs edible, then it can't be bad! lol
Before we left, I got a picture of Cadi with her teacher...



Tomorrow all of the students who choose to buy lunch can choose to have Green Eggs and Ham.  Acadia is planning on it.  I told her that the lunch tomorrow would be a little different (it would be from the cafeteria instead of a restaurant) but she doesn't care.  I hope it's just as good tomorrow!

There are only a couple more pictures that I took (nothing exciting but), if you want to see them, check out our Photobucket account.

No comments: