Saturday, March 4, 2006

The Lost has been Found

YAY!!! It is amazing what you can find when you clean/sort your "junk" area! In my case, that junk area is more a junk room right now. I've actually started phase two and began cleaning out the craft room. And in all that junk was a prized possession that I have been missing alot!

It's a recipe book that I got while living in Massachusetts. The women in our Relief Society collected recipes from some of the ladies - they were especially looking for family recipes that had been handed down from parents or grandparents. Some of my favorite family recipes are in there (Which I have in other places too, so I wasn't worried about losing them.) and I also had tried and liked several of the others. Well, this recipe book disappeared months ago and I had looked everywhere! Well, almost everywhere. No matter, I found it today!!! And to celebrate, I will share one of the recipes that I really like in it...


Napa Valley Chicken

6-8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups catsup
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tbs dried minced onions
4 Tbs butter
2 Tbs brown sugar

Brown chicken breasts and place in 4 qt. baking dish. In saucepan, combine other ingredients and bring to a boil. Pour over chicken. Bake 30 - 35 minutes at 375 degrees.

No comments: