While waiting for the bus with Acadia and the other school kids, Ryan learned that one of the girls was going to be in a band concert tonight. So we decided to go for Family Home Evening to show our support and to have a fun school event to attend.
It was really nice. There were several schools participating and our neighbor's band was the youngest band there. They did pretty good! And it was fun to see the older kids in their Jazz bands and such. It was pretty short - which was nice because kids were getting tired of sitting on hard bleachers. (Heck, parents were getting tired of sitting on hard bleachers! lol)
It was fun to see the kids though, and picture Acadia in another 4 years playing in a band. She is so funny... If you ask her what instrument she'd like to learn to play, she will list off at least half a dozen different kinds! (Including trumpet, tuba, and trombone, lol) I don't mind her learning how to play more than one instrument, so I hope her interest remains. In the meantime, she is starting to learn piano. And I emphasize "STARTING"! lol
But now I have a new incentive to teach her piano... Ryan said if she were to really get into piano that we would almost HAVE to get that baby grand I've always dreamed of... you know, to support our daughter and her talents... lol. (I'll be like those awful stage moms who push their kids into acting because THEY want them too, not the kids. Yep, but with us it will be piano... I'm KIDDING!!! LOL)
No comments:
Post a Comment