I mentioned the dumb bird.
It is still here. Everyday it tries flying into our windows - repeatedly. His favorite is the sliding glass door, he also really likes the family room windows, and yesterday I saw him trying Acadia's bedroom window. It is getting annoying.
Everytime he hits, it is with a loud noise - either a smack, thud, or sharp tap - depending on which part of his body hits the glass first. His beak is scratching up my windows and his body is smearing dirt and "stuff" on them.
ANNOYING!!!
Last night Ryan took down the mirrors in the dining room. We had nowhere else to put them, so for now they are out on the deck. I was hoping that the bird would turn his attentions to them, or be frightened by his reflection, or something - anything to keep him from flying into my windows! But, no. This morning he is already at it, throwing himself into the sliding door, over and over and over again.
He and his mate appear to be building a nest in our pear/apple tree. Normally this is a welcomed sight. But I'm not so sure I want this bird camped outside my windows all year, not to mention teaching his little offspring his favorite sport!
We believe this is the same bird who spent the last year flying himself into our neighbor's garage window. He would sit on the fence just staring at it, then throw himself into it. What is wrong with this bird?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment