Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Knock, Knock... Who's there?

As I was sitting here on the computer, I heard a tapping on the sliding door. My first thought was that I needed to let the dog in. When I remembered that I had already let him in, I thought that Ryan was playing a little trick on me. He should be at school taking a test, maybe it was cancelled and he came home early and was now trying to scare me by making noises at the back door.

I got up to see what it was that was tapping at my door and found a robin flying off in a hurry! A little later, the tapping resumed. I snuck around to where I could see the door without the bird seeing me. I thought maybe it was trying to "steal" the shoelaces off of Ryan's boots that were sitting next to the door. Nope, it was just sitting there knocking on the glass! After a minute it tried flying into the door. But then it went back to standing on the deck and knocking.

I hope it is okay. Normally when a bird repeatedly tries to go through a closed window, something is wrong. (Or that's what I think - I am no bird expert, so maybe I'm wrong.)

Acadia wanted me to let it in! "Just for a minute...?" "No, birds do not belong in the house!"

But it was cute!


P.S. Happy Birthday, Miriam!!! We hope you are feeling better! XXOO

No comments: