Sunday, February 20, 2005

Stinkin' Cold

I can't remember the last time I stayed home from church. Is this the first time since living here in Vancouver? It might be. I faintly recall Cadi staying home sick, did I stay home with her or Ryan? I don't remember.
I hate to miss it! I love going to church and feeling the spirit. Having a great ward with greag members and great teachers sure helps! I feel like I'm really missing out when I'm not there.

But here I am...sick. Stinkin' Cold! I'm sneezy, sniffly, coughy, and achey. I doubt anyone there wants me to come share it with them! The big question is what to do about tonight.

I'm in charge of a fireside for the Young Women tonight. I'm supposed to lead the girls in a discussion about miracles. It's supposed to be a way for the girls to get to know me (at least that's what my YW Pres. said when she told me she didn't want me to get "guest speakers" but would rather me lead the discussion). So, do I go and get them all sick so they can get to know me? I'm thinking about it.

Our home teachers were scheduled to come by after church today. I told Ryan to tell them I'm sick so they can choose whether or not to come. From Ryan's reaction, I doubt he'll tell them. He's the type that wouldn't care, so he assumes that would be everyone's response. So, I need to be prepared for our home teachers today. This will be their first visit to us. They changed all the routes a month ago and we got new ones.

*Sneeze, sneeze, sneeze, blow nose*

Did I mention this cold stinks?

1 comment:

Sariah said...

Mom commented 2/21/05:

I think the fireside should have been postponed for all your sakes. So, what happened? Did your HTs come? Did you do the fireside? How did it all go?

I hope you feel better soon!