1. If you could have anything you wanted to eat for a day, what would you choose for your meals and snacks?
This reminded me of a trip Ryan, Cadi, Debi and I took to the beach last year. We decided to go to Long Beach instead of our regular Canon Beach. We weren't impressed and haven't gone back. On the way home, we started talking about our ideal meal. We each listed our dream 7 course dinner. :lick:
OK, back to the question - Disclaimer: This is only living in a dream world where calaries don't count and you can eat as much as you want. Like in "Defending Your Life" - btw, if you haven't seen that movie, you should - it's cute.)
I'd start with Potatoes and Eggs and French Crepes with strawberries and cream cheese for breakfast with Dole Pine-Orange-Banana juice to drink. I'd have fresh fruit - including strawberries, cantelope and grapes on the side.
For a mid-morning snack I'd have a Strawberry Banana Smoothie.
Lunch would be a combination sandwich, egg-salad and chopped olive from Leatherby's in Sacramento with fries and a pickle on the side. I'd be drinking water but only because I'd have the Black and Tan for dessert while I'm there!
After that huge lunch I'd be too stuffed for an afternoon snack, but just to humor you (And not to mention this is a dream afterall - who gets stuffed in a dream?), I'd probably have Strawberries with various things to dip them in: sour cream and brown sugar, chocolate, cool whip, etc.
Okay, for dinner...are you ready?
- Appetizer: A sampler of fried cheese, onion rings, and hot wings
- Green salad with the Spaghetti Factory's house dressing
- Chicken Fettucini Alfredo with Garlic Bread
- Spagetti Diablo
- General Tsao's Chicken (from Silver Chopsticks in Sacramento) with an egg roll or two (from Jack in the Box)
- Mom's meatballs
- Dessert: Norma Jean from Boppin' Bo's in Vancouver
Midnight snack - Papa Connick made with Black Cherry ice cream.
2. Is there ever a dish/food or dessert you wanted to try but never had the opportunity, what is it?
Not really. I know there are foods that I would love that I haven't tried yet, but I don't know what they are...yet!
3. What's a dish/food or dessert you've tried that you wish you hadn't?
Seafood! Specifically the Scallops I tried at Jordan's Pond in Acadia National Park on Ryan and my 4th wedding anniversary. I almost "lost it" at the table!
4. Ever watch cooking shows? (i.e. "Great Chefs," "Epicurious," etc.)
Sometimes. I like Food 911 on the Food Network.
5. Are you hungry yet?
Getting there! I think I'll make "Chinese" for dinner tonight - with egg rolls!
No comments:
Post a Comment