Today I've had several flashbacks...
Valentines
Acadia has been working on her Valentines for classmates. I remember the Valentines we used to give when we were little. We didn't often have the store bought cards. Usually we made ours out of construction paper. But the great part was when Mom would make chocolate hearts and "glue" them to the Valentine with frosting. The best Valentines were the ones with candy, so mine was among the favorites.
Bulletin Boards
Today I put up Acadia's class's artwork on a bulletin board in their school. Let me tell you, that is not as easy as it may seem! The whole time I kept thinking about how Mom often did that kind of thing at Camellia. Wow, that was a long time ago!
Bunco
At mutual we played Bunco. The only time I've played it before was at our Family Reunion in Ft. Bragg a few years ago. I hadn't even really remembered how to play until the rules were explained today! I remember that I won something that Aunt Lainee made. I don't really know what to call it, but I hang it in my bathroom because it has seashells on it.
Painting
I got some stuff to start painting again. Back to the bathroom! As you may recall, I've painted the bathroom before. But then we decided that we wanted texture on the walls, so we textured it. Now it needs to be painted again. And tomorrow's the day! Then I move on to the trim throughout the house which will be the same color as the bathroom so I'll probably get going on that tomorrow too.
1 comment:
Mom commented 2/10/05:
It is good to hear one of my daughter's have positive childhood memories concerning me! :wink:
I usually hear about losing a child on an outing, or leaving them in the corner until they feel asleep, slow Toothfairies, and uncelebrated birthdays. It is a wonder that you are not all totally warped.
Thanks for remembering that I was not always a total monster and failure!
Post a Comment