I know that I am going to be disowned for the extent to which I've been doing this...
So, as I posted a couple of days ago, I'm selling some of my stamps on e-bay. I am keeping most of my stamps, at least more than half, but it's still quite alot I'm selling. I've listed 104 items over the last couple of days! There is one listing that is not SU!, and there are a few listings that are SU!, but not stamps. But most of it is stamps.
I was hoping that if I sold everything, I'd make $400-500, then with the money I made selling candles last month I could buy the under-bed-dresser I've wanted.
So far, of the 104 listings, 35 have completed and my total already...$450!!! I still have 69 auctions, about half with bids already (totaling about $170 so far) that don't close for a few days. Most of the items have a Buy It Now option, so there are a few that could just get purchased at any time instead of being held as an auction.
I am floored by how much I've made so far! So is Ryan, he is very impressed! And I am thrilled that this means I will definitely get my bed soon!!! And if I keep up at this rate, I'll be able to buy a dresser or two to match!
I still have TONS of stamps - some for every occasion and with lots of variety. And I still plan on purchasing stamps in the future. But I'm much more picky about what I get now. I need to know I'm going to use it!
I hope I'm still welcome as a member of my family! :lol: Considering I'm the one who STARTED this whole Stamping thing! I still love it! And I probably still have more than anyone else (maybe, I have no idea how many Mom and Ruth have). I hope I get to stay!
2 comments:
Mom commented 2/14/05:
I will always love you. Strange as it seems to me that you are willing to part with stamps, I assume that when you were in your early stamping frenzy years, you may have bought stamps that you don't really love.
Congratulations on your successful sales! and progress on your decorating.
I commented 2/14/05:
Oh good, you are still talking to me!
Yeah, most of the stamps I've sold and am selling are older ones with styles I just don't like. Others I like, but just never use. It was interesting that almost all of the stamps I got out to sell, were on the bottom of the drawers.
I'm doing so good selling them though! I've still got 4 more days to go till they all close, but so far I've closed on almost half of them and the total is over $550. The current bids on the remaining sets total over $330.
That they are making me so much money, makes it easier to part with them! It would stink if I sold them all for just a couple bucks each and didn't even make my original goal. That would be depressing and it would be harder to feel that selling them was worth it.
It took a long time before I sold them. I had been thinking about it for a LONG time. I just decided I never use these and as I was honest with myself, these sets were ones I probably wouldn't be likely to use in the future either. They were taking up space and had the potential to help me get the furniture I've been really wanting for a long time. That is going to save me even more space (the new furniture), so I'm killing two birds with one stone.
Post a Comment