I have this really neat friend. We met two years ago when her friend (a member of our ward) brought her to my house as a guest at a Partylite show I was hostessing.
She is one of those people who you always feel better about yourself after having any kind of interaction with her. I just love her. We don't see eachother very often, we are both busy, but everytime we do get to visit is awesome. We just connect right. I just love her!
Today we talked a little on the phone. I told her about the miscarriage and we had such a great conversation. She totally understood everything I was trying to explain that I don't have words for. (She's been there too.) It was wonderful to talk with her. I wish we had time to visit more. I feel like she's a "kindred spirit", but a special one that I somehow get limited access to. Which I guess makes our chats even more special.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And then there are other friends...
Last night Beckie and Jack had me over for dinner. I love them! We had a great time and terrific conversation. But one of the conversations went a little like this:
Me: Jack, did Beckie tell you what I did this weekend while Ryan and Cadi were gone?
Jack: No.
Me: I had a total Lord of the Rings Marathon!!! Surround sound blasting and everything - all three extended versions back-to-back!
Jack: Have you watched all the commentaries and documentaries on them?
Me: Oh, yeah! We love them, you get sooo much information! Like when they shot the scene when Bilbo and Frodo leave with the Elves at the end - it was a hard scene to do for the actors because they had all that crying to do. But they got through it. Then the next morning they find out that Sean wasn't wearing the vest jacket he was supposed to be wearing, so they had to do THE WHOLE THING OVER!!!
Jack: Yeah, and when Shelob has just caught Frodo and Sam comes into the picture with Sting...the arm that you see holding Sting isn't really Sean's ...
Me: I know! It's Peter Jackson's! Yeah, we watched that! But we've gotten to the point where we don't remember which commentaries and documentaries we've seen yet. I think I'm going to make a check-list of all the features on the DVDs so I always know what I've seen already and what I haven't yet.
At this point, Beckie is just staring at us laughing...
Beckie: Like it makes a difference?
Me: (SHOCK!!!! "Like it makes a difference?" What!?! - could this possible be MY best friend???) YES!!! It totally makes a difference!!! I need to see ALL of it - it's the LORD OF THE RINGS!!!
(At this point, she's really laughing at us - and mostly at me.)
Me: I can't believe you don't "get" the Lord of the Rings...but I still love you
1 comment:
Miriam left this comment on 4/18/05:
part 1: You are lucky to have a friend like that.
part 2: umm... *cough*obsessed*cough*
Miriam
Post a Comment