Ryan and I went to the gym this morning. After last week's incident, I made sure to take things much slower. But even that seemed to be pushing it. I walked ever-so-slowly on the treadmill and greatly decreased the weight on the only two machines I used - but still I needed to quit and head to the car to lay down earlier than I would have liked. I guess I need to slow down even more. I'm going to take a break from weights too. Just walk even more ever-so-slowly for as long as I can manage. Ugghh. Not enjoying this...
Also, last night the Reamers came over for dinner. We had some good conversation but unfortunately what it all boiled down to is that she is really feeling unsure about her committed "date". We talked alot about it. She felt better after talking. I made sure to let her know that she shouldn't commit to anything she isn't ready to commit to. But I also told her that 1)the baptism is set for 7 days from now (well 6 today, but last night it was 7) and alot can happen in those 7 days. She may feel answers to her prayers come this week. And 2)she needs to make sure that she is open for the Lord to speak to her - then she needs to accept it. She will not all of a sudden have a huge testimony of everything - it starts small and as she learns more and understands more, it will grow. So if she feels that testimony, even a small one, she needs to recognize it.
She says that when she prays, she feels like getting baptized would be good for her family. But she is looking for it to be good for her specifically. I reminded her that she is part of her family and as a wife and mom she responds mostly to the needs of her family. She may be getting an answer but just not accepting what it is saying. I told her to keep praying, the Lord knows her and how to speak to her. I also told her that she needs to ask the Lord for an answer. She has the right to say, "I've committed myself to a date, but I am feeling very unsure. I need an answer so I know what direction to go in." I told her to expect that answer to come. Now I'm just praying that she recognizes it when it does.
I guess part of the problem has been that the Sister Missionaries have been meeting with her ALOT - very often. She is a busy person, she works then comes home to a husband and two children. She doesn't have time to sit quietly and think the way she wants to - especially about this. She feels like she hasn't really gotten the chance to ponder what she's being taught. I told her to tell the sisters that she needs more time in between visits. I hope she does. This has to be her choice, not the missionaries or mine or anyone else's.
In any case, they are great, fun people - we love visiting with them. We told her that we want to stay friends no matter what, that we will support her no matter what. I think she is leaning towards postponing rather than cancelling. She also is very interested in having them attend the meetings and activities as a family regardless. She is trying to make the right choice and I think that is a good thing. Keep her in your prayers, she is a great gal and has a great family!
2 comments:
Eddie left this comment on 4/25/05:
Good advice, Sariah. She's lucky to have a friend like you to confide in
Barbara left this comment on 4/25/05:
I agree with Eddie.
Post a Comment