Tuesday, April 19, 2005

How Great Shall Be Your Joy

Tonight I went with the Sister Missionaries to visit the family we've been fellowshipping. Everything went really well and then at the end it jumped up to awesome!

Jessica is taking a leap of faith and has set a date to be baptized! She is a little nervous about it but when she realized that the missionaries were going to help her by continuing to teach her and showing her how to "be a Mormon", she felt much better. They explained that after she goes through the next couple of weeks, "pretending" to be Mormon, when the date of her baptism comes, she will still have the choice of whether or not to "do it for real".

She really likes all the open discussions about the Gospel. And she has been applying the wonderful principle of prayer. She feels so good about everything. She just has some hesitation - it is a HUGE leap of faith to make such a big commitment! We expressed how we are all basically in the same boat. We are all trying to live better each day. We are all still learning and growing. We are at different points, but none of us is perfect or has all the answers.

We also talked a little about how though none of us are perfect and we all make mistakes, the church is perfect and it is organized in a way that helps us to strengthen one another. We help one another, and she can count on that. And she will also be providing that for others (mostly without even realizing it - just by example and kindness). I told her that she has alot of people routing for her. We want to be there for her and we'll be praying for her. I told her specifically to call me if she has a question or problem and that as she meets more people, there will be others she can call too.

I am so grateful that I was able to be there when she made such a wonderful commitment! I feel blessed to have felt the spirit so strongly when she prayed with the missionaries for the first time. She is meeting with the missionaries at our house on Friday and I'm really looking forward to it!

I am SO glad we have Sister Missionaries in our area so I can go with them and experience this great joy that comes when you share the Gospel with Heavenly Father's children. I think that joy that you feel is the love He feels for them. That's what I felt tonight, so much love...and just Great Joy!

1 comment:

Sariah said...

Barbara left this comment on 4/20/05:

Hallelujah! That's awesome.
Sometimes when serving, including people I might not of myself care for much, I have felt love flow down into me and towards them. I have almost expected to see something like a ray of light of something coming down, bending through me and shining on them. I don't know if they felt it or not. I believe that I was feeling God's love for His children.

Congratulations on being part of Jessica's conversion. Blessings for you all!