Saturday, April 23, 2005

They're playing our song!

I was checking e-mails and updated blogs and stuff this morning with the Today Show on in the background. I don't know what the story is that they are covering, but in the background they were playing "Return to the Heart", by David Lanz.


Now, I have lots of favorite piano pieces. But this one is really special because I learned it for Ryan and played it for him when we got married. If I had been super cool (and way more confident) I would have played it at our wedding reception. But I'm not, instead I played it on our first little piano, in our first little apartment, on the first morning we woke up together as husband and wife....Awwww.

I think I'm going to go play the piano for awhile...

3 comments:

Sariah said...

Barbara left this comment on 4/23/05:

Beautiful! I am impressed. and now I am tempted.
Thank you for sharing your sweet memory of playing it for Ryan as a new bride.

Sariah said...

Ruth left this comment on 4/23/05:

Oooh, pretty! You've ALMOST got me to start trying to learn piano again! :)

Sariah said...

Debi left this comment on 4/23/05:

That was so pretty. I almost cried. But I think that might be because I've had this face mask on too long. LOL But seriously, very pretty.
(And I think it's more romantic your way than playing it at your reception.)

(Plus there is always the 10 year anniversary party or something.)