We attended church, then changed, loaded up the cars with kids and lunch and headed into the gorge. Just as the raindrops began to fall. Welcome to Washington. ;)
But fortunately, as is often the case, the showers came and went and we actually enjoyed a fairly rain free lunch when we arrived at LaTourell falls.
After we ate, we took the short walk down to the Lower Falls.
Next we headed to Oregon's number one tourist attraction: Multnomah Falls. And wow, were there tourists! Despite the drizzly, rainy day, it was PACKED! The whole gorge was full of hikers/campers/observers, but Multnomah was definitely the busiest place.
We walked the 1/4 mile up to the bridge and I took this pic, it's an angle I haven't shot before.
Proof that I carried Rori during part of our walk. I just won't tell you which part (uphill or down). ;)
After Multnomah, the rain really started to pick up. We continued driving up the scenic highway and stopped at HorseTail Falls, where we had originally planned on hiking a couple of miles. The rain wasn't going to let up and we had three young'uns with us so we decided to call it a day. But before we headed back, some of us took a few minutes to check out HorseTail Falls.
The rest of the day was spent at home. We played games, mostly the Wii, and had dinner together. Don't tell the kids, but as soon as they were in bed, Tom, Laura, Ryan and I fired up the BBQ and roasted marshmellows for S'mores! lol It was silly but fun! I really can't wait until we finish our backyard and have our firepit. ;)
Early the next morning, the Davis family headed back to Idaho. It was a great visit, I wish it could have been longer, hopefully they liked it enough to consider coming back for a longer visit next time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment