Monday, September 8, 2008

Mini Me, still in training.

I wish that I could have taken a picture of Rori yesterday the first moment I saw her at church.  I had early morning meetings so Ryan and the girls were on their own that morning.  This is not unusual.  We've gotten into the habit of Cadi clearing her outfit with me the night before and me laying out a complete outfit (with shoes, even though last week the shoes I selected were completely ignored and other shoes that did NOT match were worn instead... not that I care or anything... lol) for Rori so that I at least know they will show up to church looking decent.  The only thing I still have to worry about is Rori's hair.  We're seriously lucky if Ryan remembers to brush it.  Needless to say, the members of our ward can always tell which Sundays I have early meetings and which ones I don't.

So yesterday, I was waiting for my family to arrive, hoping that Rori's hair had at least been brushed, when I see this cute little thing running toward me.  Again, I wish I could have taken a picture.  She had a little ponytail sticking up, off to the side, from the top of her head.  It was just one little ponytail and it reminded me of an 80's hairstyle.  (Key word: reminded.  Her hair did not look like this pic, thankfully. lol)



This was Acadia's first attempt at "doing" Rori's hair.  And considering she rarely ever "does" her own hair, I thought she did a pretty good job.  Even if it did make me giggle each time I saw it.  She even selected a bow that was nearly the same color as Rori's dress.  I was slightly tempted to "redo" the "do" but I just couldn't do that to Cadi.  She had given her best effort and it really did look pretty good.  So, I let it stay.  And I bet no one even thought twice about it, if they even noticed at all.

I think I may let Cadi do Rori's hair more often now, to give her "guided" practice.  That way, the next time I'm not there to help, she'll be able to do it by herself without making me want to giggle in the middle of church.

No comments: