Monday, September 8, 2008

*Gasp* Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me make one thing perfectly clear:  My household's number one team is the Patriots and we LOVE Tom Brady!!!

Go Pats!

Granted, in this pic Ryan is wearing his Welcker jersey because Wes Welcker is probably our second favorite Patriot.  But rest assured, we EACH have our own Brady jersey and each wear our jerseys more often than you'd think.  (Cadi was just wearing her's on Saturday.)

So imagine our great distress when we learned Tom Brady is out for the season, down with a torn ACL.  Ryan's had a torn ACL... they're not fun.  We feel awful that our fearless leader is going through this!
So, where does that leave our team?  Well, we're not sure yet.  Cassel did pretty well, they did win the game yesterday even though Brady went out in the first quarter.  But then, they weren't exactly playing a very challenging team.  :S

I really hope they do well this season, even without Brady.  And I think they can.  Let me tell you why...
Everyone (myself included) makes a big deal about Brady.  They act as if the Patriots are only the amazing team they are because of him.  Don't get me wrong, like I mentioned before, we love Brady and yes, he is "da bomb".  He is the heart and soul of the team and he is a terrific leader.  But the Patriots are made up of MANY excellent players.  And they are capable of winning without him.  Can they go all the way?  I am not sure.  But I'm going to be cheering them on as they try.

To Tom Brady:  We wish you the best as you recover and hope that it's a speedy and healthy process.  We will miss you on the field this season but anxiously look forward to seeing you back, strong and healthy, next season!  Go Pats!

No comments: