Miles, that is!
As I shared last week, I'm getting ready for a 10K on Thanksgiving. Last week, I surprised myself by "running" a 5K without stopping. A 5K is 3.1 miles. So, I'm half-way to my goal (though I do hope to be able to pick up the pace just a little by T-Day). I'm still trying to take it slow (Slow and steady may not always win the race, but it can usually finish the race, and that's what I'm after!) and after my interrupted sleep last night, I again didn't expect to do anything spectacular at the gym today.
But I did! At least, for me!
For the first time EVER IN MY LIFE, I "ran" 4 miles without stopping! I could have kept going, I'm sure of it. I was just out of time. I needed to come home, shower, and get ready for a potluck luncheon that I'm going to in an hour. And I'm kind of glad I "quit while I was ahead" anyway, I really am trying to take this slow and steady.
But *woohoo*! I feel great! I haven't really lost any weight or inches yet but I'm feeling stronger, I am building my endurance, and I'm going farther than I ever have before. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment