Wednesday, December 8, 2004

Who is up at this hour of the morning?

ME!


I swear, whenever Acadia gets up in the middle of the night I should just get up for the day and not bother trying to get back to sleep! She didn't even wake me up originally. This time she got Ryan and was getting ice water. But when she was on her way back to bed, I woke up and well...here I am almost an hour later...and in case you couldn't tell, I'm not asleep.

So, I checked e-mail, deleted 21 attempted spam posts, answered a question from an e-bay bidder, ordered a couple of books from Scholastic Books for Cadi (Actually, this time one is for me! :smile:), and after this I think I will read from the Ensign. I'm still trying to finish November's Conference addres issue! I need to hurry, then move onto this months.

But get this! Ryan got a call from the Stake Presidency asking to meet with us tonight! Uh-oh. Well, it can't be me...that leaves him. I said I make it a habit to only change callings once in a week, thank you! We have deep suspicions on what it will be. And its not as scary as any other calling coming from a Stake Presidency would be.

As it turns out, I cannot make it to the meeting because I am scheduled to attend my first YW activity tonight! We are going downtown to wrap gifts for a shelter. They will give us a family list that includes ages of each person and a little wish list. Then we go through the warehouse and select the gifts for each person. Then we wrap them. It sounds fun because you get to actually do the shopping for them. I'm looking forward to it. I hope the girls are.

Well, I'm off to read some good stuff from some good men (and women). Then hopefully I'll fall asleep in time to get an hour or two of sleep before I wake Acadia. I can't just go back to bed after that though - today's a full day! 1st work in the classroom, then dance, then girl scouts and finally YW. Any other sleep will have to wait until tonight.:sleep:

1 comment:

Sariah said...

Mom commented 12/8/04:

I do so hate it when I wake up and cannot go to sleep, until, of course, just before the time I have to get up!

I can think of a position or two where Ryan could be called by the SP. He is capable of great things. We eagerly await news.

Debi and I took a tag off the ward's giving tree for a 14 year old girl. Then I lost the tag. So we went to Target together where Debi got herself some cute warm tights and fell in love with the shoes on the display picture so we had to go around looking for them. She bought other shoes and is still looking for those. I got some boots. We bought the girl a gift card - when you squeeze it Rudolph's nose lights up. We each put on $15, so she can have a good time with that!

I am feeling the bah humbugs. Too much to do and too little to do it with. As usual. Just keep plugging away and it will mostly work out, right?