Sunday, December 26, 2004

We had a very nice Christmas.

Christmas Eve, Ryan ended up working most the day. :sad: The original plan was for him NOT to work, but he got called in with some problem with a tool. At least it was Christmas Eve and not Christmas day!


He made it home in time for us to have our traditional "First Christmas" dinner. That was good. We shared our testimonies and talked about the first Christmas and why its important to us.

Christmas morning Cadi woke up at about 7:45...not bad. We got lots of good stuff from Santa. :grin: Cadi got plenty of movies, a new Princess calendar for her room, a Barbie doll in a Barbie convertable car, lots of books, a couple puzzles, and fun stuff in her stocking. One of her stocking stuffers was a "I am a Child of God" necklace with her birthstone on it. She loved it and wore it all day.

Of course, Santa also brought Ryan and I "The Return of the King"!!! YAY! And a few other things.:thumb:

We had breakfast then opened gifts. Acadia loved all her presents, especially a Love-A-Lot CareBear and a Cabbage Patch Kid. Ryan and I collectively got many "Lord of the Rings" things. A couple of games, music CD's, and...I got the piano music to all three movies!!! I am so happy! I love the music from those movies!

We did get some things that weren't "Lord of the Rings" related. Everything was very nice.

After watching "Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement", we went over to the Flakes for the rest of the day. We had fun visiting with everyone. We had a gift exchange there, where they gave us too much! Acadia got some really cute things. She got a Hello Kitty nail polish kit, a Safari toy set and some puzzle books. Ryan got a laser level tool thing. (I don't remember what it was called, but he played with the laser alot last night!:lol:) I got a candle/fountain and a cookbook from Kris's ward. We also got a game and some smoked cheese. I told you they gave us too much!

After exchanging gifts we ate dinner. It was delicious! And then we watched a movie, "Napoleon Dynamite" which was...ok. It had a couple funny parts. It was clean. It just was not exciting. We were glad to see it though, because we were wanting to rent it. Now we won't! :lol:

Last of all was dessert time! :lick: Red raspberry pie, pecan pie and pumpkin cheesecake. Did I mention :lick:?

We got home a little later than I planned, but thats okay.

Now it's Sunday morning. Ryan is already at the church building. He didn't know when his meetings would start so he took headed over early. He is substitute teaching in Elders Quorum today and he'll just prepare the lesson until his meetings with the Bishopric start.

In the meantime, I need to get things ready here. Tonight is dinner with the missionaries and Williams. We still haven't put all our gifts away. And I need to cook up some pasta to add to the sauce I made Friday night. Spaghetti Diablo! :lick:

Then I get to get myself and Cadi ready for church by myself...better get used to it. So what am I doing here, I gotta go!

1 comment:

Sariah said...

Mom commented 12/26/04:

Phone calls and reading about your day are "almost" as nice as being with you. Thank you for staying close no matter what the distance.