I am taking Acadia shopping today. Among other things, she is going to buy her gift for Ryan for Christmas. I am having her think of ideas of what she could give him. And she is writing them down to take with her to refer to.
She is sounding the words all out herself, so they aren't actually spelled correctly. But that is normal and it is good for her to do it by herself, even making mistakes because it is how she learns. But one of the items on her list is mug. After sounding it out, she wrote her word. She got it right! Yeah Cadi!
I know it isn't that big of a deal, but to me it is exciting to see her learning. She has learned great skills to help her read and write on her own. Everyday she is able to do and understand more.
She has also grasped the concept of dates. She said to me a couple days ago, "Today is the 8th, tomorrow is the 9th, the day after that will be the 10th...". She can actually look at a calendar and understand which day it is and visually see ahead.
Learning can be so fun! And watching your child learn is even more fun!
3 comments:
Debi commented 12/10/04:
Aww! That is really exciting!! Was that the first word she spelled all on her own, sounding out and everything?? Besides her name, I guess..
Hooray for her. :) It must be really fun to see her learning new things!
I commented 12/10/04:
I think so...at least at home. They do alot at school. I know they have worked really hard learning "mom", "dad", "love", and then the little words: I, at, it, is, the, and, etc..
But this is the first word that she didn't "know" where she sounded it out and wrote it down correctly that I know about here.
Miriam commented 12/14/04:
Good for her!! She's really smart. I am glad she enjoys learning so much.
YAY Cadi!! :smile:
Post a Comment