Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I'm a copy cat.

I really liked Debi's "Monday by numbers", so...


Tuesday by numbers...

1.5: number of hours I was up before anyone else
2: number of kids in Acadia's swimming lesson class
8: number of eggs I cooked for "brunch"
5-7: number of days our friend is planning on visiting us next month
2.6: number of miles the hike we took was supposed to be
5.22: number of miles the hike actually was
12,696: number of steps I took during our hike
115: number of minutes it took us to complete the hike
2: number of batteries we replaced when we brought our camera
0: number of memory sticks we remembered to bring :annoyed:
8: number of times Simon "watered" the bushes during our hike
4: number of times Cadi asked (unsuccessfully) for ice cream cones
2: number of snakes we saw on the hike
3: number of times Debi screamed when Ryan tried to catch one of them
3: number of banana slugs we saw
2: number of banana slugs that were alive
2: number of banana slugs that were dead (you do the math and fill in the blanks!)
3: number of waterfalls we hiked pass
6: number of barefeet in the cold stream at the top of the third waterfall
1: number of people who got soaked all the way to their neck
2: number of people who napped on the way home from the hike
5: number of movies we returned when we got home
5: number of movies we rented when we returned the other five
2: number of movies we watched last night
3: number of cans of primer I bought last night
2: number of paint colors I got from the store last night
1: number of paint cans I dropped on the floor, busted open, and leaked through the bag when we got home from the store

4 comments:

Sariah said...

Mom commented 5/26/04:

I am guessing your hike was in the gorge? Of all the great things about where you live, besides YOU, I think being close to the Columbia River Gorge is probably the best. What a beautiful area! I can hike along the American River, but it is hot and brownish, not that lovely lush green you enjoy. And we have the homeless and unsavory along the river, too. How nice to have such a beautiful place so close! I am glad that you make good use of it and enjoy it so much.

Sariah said...

I commented 5/26/04:

This particular hike had so many gorgeous views! I can't remember how many times we said, "Too bad we don't have the camera!" (otherwise I would have included that in my numbers)

I think that even though we were so sore and it was so much longer than we expected, it is now my favorite hike in the Gorge. But next time we'll probably take a different route back. The way we went yesterday took us to a different parking lot and we had to walk along the highway to get to our car. The other way will take us back the way we came and it will make the total distance closer to 4 miles instead of more than 5.

Sariah said...

Miriam commented 5/26/04:

You counted how many times Simon had to pee???

So is the paint for the bathroom(s)? What colors? Are you doing a theme?

Sariah said...

I commented 5/26/04:

Debi counted how many times he had to pee.

One gallon of paint is for the bathroom. The other color was for the hallway and entry. It was just a quart because I wanted to try it first before I bought a lot. I need to get a quart fot the color I want in the family room and dining room but when we went yesterday they didn't have the right base color. The one I dropped was just the quart. It's really no big deal. We'll still be able to do our test with it.

The bathroom is going to be painted "Berkshire White" which matches all the slightly off-white trims in the main parts of the house and my bed/bath rooms. The tile is a sandy, neutralish color with slightly darker grout. The theme is still beach. Everything will be decorated the same as it was before, just new flooring and I'm going to stamp shells around the top of the wall, like a border.