Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Where does the time go?

Is it Wednesday already?!? This week has been very busy for us! Partly because we are still catching up from being out of town. But also because we are just plain BUSY!!!


Did I mention that yesterday Acadia started swimming lessons? She had fun. She is in the "big pool" and has a very sweet teacher. She had so much fun even though she has to put her face in the water and is learning to float. I hope she learns quickly! We leave for Massachusetts in less than a month and we'll be having plenty of water play there!

Today Cadi and I woke up and got ready for school! It was "Kindergarten Round-Up Day" at the school Acadia will be attending next year. We met the principal and teachers. The principal read a story to the new students about kindergarten. Then the kids went into one of the classrooms with the teachers to play and ask questions while the grown-ups stayed with the principal, school counselor, nurse, secretary, PTO president, etc to hear about the school and ask questions. Afterwards we all got on a school bus and went for a ride in the neighborhood to see what riding on the bus is like.

After "school", we went to playgroup. And then dance class. Only one more dance class before her recital on Sat, May 22. And we decided to sign up for the summer classes because we will only be missing one by the way the dates fall and Miss MaryAnn said we can either prorate the price or make the class up on a different day. :thumb:

We came home for lunch and the plan was for Cadi to head over to a friend's to play after she ate, but instead she immediately laid down on the floor and fell asleep! I think she's beat! lol

2 comments:

Sariah said...

Mom commented 5/12/04:

It doesn't seem like THAT long ago I was taking you to kindegarten. Where DOES the time go???

It is a wonderful, joyful, but bittersweet thing to see you children grow up and fly away. Enjoy the time you have as much as you can and try to capture memories!

At least you are much better at scrapbooking and video taping than I was. You will be glad you did.
Love to all of you!

Sariah said...

I commented 5/12/04:

She will be a Fircrest Falcon and as they say at Fircrest, "Falcons Soar!"