Saturday, March 13, 2010

"When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus." Acts 19:5



This picture was taken 17 years ago.  I met Ryan about 9 months later.  Sometimes I really wish we had met before his baptism, I love hearing what it was like.  Apparently EVERYONE was there! lol  The room was packed and when they asked people to share their testimonies, it went on for a very long time.  I'm told the spirit was very strong.  Ryan's mom, who is not a member of our church, attended and then held a little get-together at her house so Ryan could invite his friends over to celebrate.  I've always appreciate his parents' support of his choice, even though they didn't agree or understand it. 

I am so grateful for all of the people who were involved in sharing the gospel with Ryan.  They set things up perfectly for when I would meet him. ;)  And I'm grateful for Ryan's believing heart.  He was what the missionaries would call "golden".  He had always wondered why there weren't prophets on the earth today; he had always felt that there was more than what he had been told as a child.  When he met with the missionaries to learn about the church, it all made sense to him, everything they told him fit in with the ideas and conclusions he had already come to on his own.  They just kind of confirmed it and filled in the blanks for him.  He decided to be baptized and pretty much jumped in with both feet.  He was ready.  :)

I've been one of the lucky recipients of the many blessings that have come because of Ryan's baptism.  That decision forever changed my life and the lives of my girls, before we were even in the picture.  I am so grateful to share my life with someone who shares my faith and has such a strong testimony.

"A 'forever family' requires that couples possess baptismal certificates, be worthy members of the Church to qualify for temple recommends, and possess a marriage certificate signifying a celestial marriage."  ~ Elder David B. Haight

No comments: