Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!"

This blog is proof that we still eat meat sometimes.  ;)

Tonight we had corned beef for dinner.  I didn't make cabbage.  We just don't like it very much.  I like it in salads and stir frys and egg rolls... but not just steamed or boiled.  But we had corned beef (It was my first time making it and it turned out really good - it was super easy!), potatoes, carrots, onions, and because I have a hard time serving my family dinner without some kind of green vegetable, we also had green beans.  We all liked the corned beef a lot, the girls both wanted more.  Rori kept calling it "chicken" but that's fine by me, she had seconds of the "chicken".  Call it whatever you want, sweetheart! lol

After dinner, we had green cupcakes.  See, I've been craving cupcakes for a couple of days.  It's all FaceBook's fault.  There is often an ad in my sidebar that has a cupcake on it.  Crazy thing is, I don't think the ad is for a bakery or anything. lol  Anyhow, usually it doesn't even catch my attention, but the other day I just couldn't get the cupcake out of my mind.  I *had* to have one!  So when deciding what fun, festive dessert to make today, I sided with cupcakes made with pistachio pudding. :)



If you're interested, click here for some background information on some St. Patrick's Day traditions.

I hope you all had a great St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: