Monday, March 15, 2010

I have no middle name.

My mom didn't give me a middle name.  I'm not entirely sure why... Mom, feel free to explain in a comment if you'd like.  ;)  Something about girls having so many names, what with their given names, maiden name, married name, etc.  When I was younger, friends of mine decided to help me find a middle name for me.  We were torn between Eve and Rebecca, so for a time, I said both were my middle names, Sariah Eve Rebecca.  But eventually, I deferred back to my given "no name".  When I say I have no middle name, my sister says, "Yes you do, it's 'N/A'!"  Funny.

So, you know these silly quizzes you can take on-line... Today's was "What should your middle name be?"  And here is what it says for me:


Your New Name Should Be Sariah Renee
Renee means reborn - a new name, a new you!


 
I actually kind of like it!  Not that I'm interested in changing my name at all, but this is a middle name I don't think I've ever considered, yet it sounds pretty good to me.  But, I really don't mind not having a middle name anymore, I like my name the way it is. :)

1 comment:

Sariah said...

'Barbara' posted this on Mon 15 Mar 2010, 1:36 pm
I don't remember all that I was thinking when it was time to name you.

I knew several women who had taken their maiden name as their middle name and that made sense to me.

And there was the length thing. Although legally my name was only Barbara Louise Owes Robarts which I thought was a bit long, Owes (my mother's third husband and my third legal father) meant no more to me than my previous names so I tended to think of myself as simply Barbara Robarts or include the entire string Barbara Louise Mijares Reed Owes Robarts. Which is a bit much. Lucky for me, she married her 4th husband after I was grown and married or I would have had to add another namge - Johnston - to the line-up.


Not that I expected to have the same thing to you. sometimes names are hard for me.

After my divorce, people asked if I was going to keep my married name. Yes; it is my children's name, and like I said, my last legal maiden name didn't mean that much - it was just another temp.