I don't know if anyone is really wondering, but I'm going to update you anyway. ;)
I've been doing a pretty good job of making it to the gym regularly. There were a couple of weeks where either myself or kids were sick that limited my gym attendance to less than 3x week, but other than that, I've gotten at least 3 or 4 workouts in each week. Also, yes our family is still eating primarily vegetarian and vegan meals. We do have meat occasionally, but usually only once a week. We're continuing to find and adapt great new recipes that we are really enjoying.
Despite this, I continue to see zero change on the scale. Again, I remind myself that my goal isn't just to "lose weight". More importantly, I want to be healthy. I feel that happening. I feel my endurance increasing, I feel my muscles becoming stronger... and I like it! I plan to continue with this pattern of eating and working out, however I do plan to mix things up a bit in my workouts starting this week. I've been doing the same cardio for the last two months so it's time to move to another machine. I'm hoping that by mixing it up, my body will respond differently and shed a few lbs. If not, I can accept it. I know I'm doing what I should to care for my body but the truth is, I'm older now, I've had kids, my metabolism is different, and so my body just might not respond the way I want. And that's okay. I'd like to be a smaller dress size, but I can be happy where I'm at, too. My husband loves me and thinks I'm beautiful just the way I am, and his is really the only opinion that matters to me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment