Sunday, March 21, 2010

Deep breath in...

Life as a mom is busy. Life as a mom and a Relief Society President is even more busy. And the end of the month is always the busiest. This week is no exception: visiting teaching changes to make, a newsletter to approve, carpooling to the temple, providing lunch for a family who will be laying their loved one to rest, writing a talk, taking a dear friend out for her b-day, desperately needing to see my hair girl, driving Cadi to and from school everyday for Safety Patrol, ward Easter egg hunt, attempting to make it to the gym at least 3 times, etc. This week is going to be one wild ride, let me tell you. So many things I really want to do, but just don't know how I'll find time to do it all.

Feeling more than a little overwhelmed this morning, I sank to my knees and prayed. Thanking my Heavenly Father for as many blessings as I could think of, and then reminding him of all that I needed to do this week, I asked for miracles. Not just one, a few. lol And the first one came right away, peace. And that was enough to get me back on my feet and on my way.

I'm so grateful for prayer. I'm grateful that I know I can expect miracles in my life when I'm doing the Lord's will. So many times I'm reminded that this is the Lord's work. He calls the shots and He is in control. When I feel overwhelmed, I just need to remember that I'm simply serving Him. If He asks me to do it, He'll help me to do it.
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." ~ Phillipians 4:13

No comments: