Monday, March 8, 2010

That Kind of Faith

We've been studying about Abraham in Sunday School. I've always been in awe of Abraham and the kind of faith he had. Today as I was "rockin' it out" to some EFY music (Thanks Sid for your great testimony in RS yesterday, it inspired my dish-doing music today!) this song came on my playlist.

That Kind of Faith by Hilary Weeks

He rose up early in the morning, light of day breaking through the dark.
He was headed on a journey, so afraid that how it ended would surely break his heart.
How could he break the news to Sarah? Afterall, Isaac was their only son.
How long they both had waited, for a hundred years they'd waited, just to have it all undone.

Surely, God wouldn't make a promise he wouldn't break,
And Abraham, with that kind of faith, obeyed.

Three days journey to Moriah, Abraham knelt before the Lord.
The sacrifice in place, he looked into his son's face,
Never had he doubted before.

Surely, God wouldn't make a promise he would break,
And Abraham, with that kind of faith,
Came to the alter, turning his will to the Father,
Finding the courage somehow, he raised up his hand,
To follow God's command, trusting beyond every doubt.

"Lay not thy hand upon the boy", those precious words came from above.
"I promise he will live and in blessing I will bless thee; forever worlds to come."

Surely, God wouldn't make a promise he would break.
And Abraham put him to the test.
Heaven above, please show me the way,
That I may live with that kind of faith.

Oh, that I may live with that kind of faith.

No comments: