Today I saw diamonds. Lots and lots of diamonds. I had just finished up with a meeting and we looked out the window to watch buckets and buckets of small hail dropping from the sky. After awhile, it turned to snow, then to rain, and then all of a sudden, it stopped. The clouds cleared and the sun came out brilliantly! Everything sparkled and shined! It was beautiful!
(And I really wish I took a picture, but I was still visiting with my friends, so I didn't.)
Yesterday, our Stake Relief Society President spoke to us in RS. She talked about diamonds. She told us of a day that she spent at the beach; it was kind of an overcast day and she fell asleep while reading a book. When she woke up, the first thing she noticed was the warmth of the sun on her face. As she slowly opened her eyes, she peeked under her eyelids and saw "diamonds" covering the beach. The sun was shining on the beach and making everything sparkle and shine.
Diamonds are precious and rare, they last forever, and they are made under pressure. Before becoming diamonds, they are just carbon. She compared our testimonies to diamonds. One thing she pointed out was that you could have all the pressure in the world but if there isn't carbon there, you're not going to get a diamond. So, if you want your testimony to grow and become something beautiful, rare, and lasting, you have to have the seed there before the pressure comes.
She told us to "look for diamonds". Look for the things that The Son makes sparkle and shine. She talked about being grateful for what we have, too. "Who is rich? He who rejoices in what he has." Look for the diamonds, the little things, that remind us of what we have and what is important. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment